Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And I'm back in the Game!

Sorry for that slight break.  The intermission was due to a family visit from Texas for the holiday weekend.  I hope everyone's long weekend was wonderful!

So, On with the good stuff!

I dared to venture out for Labor Day shopping this week and went up to the outlets in my area.  While I was there I discovered my two new loves for this fall.  First! Boyfriend jeans.  I know I'm probably late on this, but I am seriously impressed!  I've been a lover of the skinny jeans and/or jeggings for the past year or so, and I do believe they will be a wardrobe staple, especially in the winter with boots, but I have found true comfort and style with the looser fitting boyfriend jeans.  I think they're so cute rolled up with a fitted shirt and sandals, or dressed up a bit with ballet flats and a flowy top.  I do believe I'll keep my extra long shirts aside to pair up with the more fitted skinny jeans since I think the length with the looseness of the boyfriend cut is not so flattering to my hips.

My second love of the day was MAC's Liquid Lurex lipstick in the color Dazzle.  It's a beautiful sheer glitter that would look wonderful with any skin tone or over any lip liner.  At first glance I was surprised because the actually hue looked a bit greenish.  However, when I swatched the lipstick on the back of my hand, the green tone was instantly gone and all I saw was wonderful golden pink shine.  Needless to say, I purchased it right away and applied it in the car as quickly as I could.  It has been worn daily since the purchase, and I don't see it leaving my reach any time soon.  As far as availability, it may not be easy to find.  I bought my tube at The Cosmetics Company Store in the outlets, and they tend to only carry discontinued lines.  Also, upon doing some research, I learned that this color is from a collection MAC came out with last summer (2010).  I know, I know, I'm so late, but I definitely recommend getting your hands on this lipstick if you find it anywhere.  I only bought one tube because I'm sure I'll find a new love by the time I run out.

Anyway, enough of my talking and on to the photo evidence!

MAC Liquid Lurex Dazzle
Me rocking in over bare lips (in the backseat seat-belted for safety)

No comments:

Post a Comment