Friday, August 26, 2011

Sandpaper Free

With my hands in water and working hard all day long I tend to get very dry and scratchy skin.  I naturally have pretty dry skin, so the water is a big addition to that factor and does not help with the issue.  When I apply lotion during the day I feel like it is immediately and literally rinsed down the drain as soon as I wash color dishes or shampoo a client's hair, so I wanted something that I can apply as minimally as possible with maximum results.  Cuticle and bath oils always feel too greasy to put all over my hands, and don't seem to get past just sitting on the top of my skin, so I wanted a product with a bit more structure.  I've searched for a for a solution to this problem and I do believe I have finally found one.

Thus!  I found Badger Balm!  Badger Balm is an all natural balm that can be used on all areas of the body to moisturize, or even as an ointment for minor scrapes, cuts, and burns.  I purchased mine at my local Earth Fare, but I have seen it in some other all natural stores as well.  There are several scents/varieties, but I am currently using the original.  It comes in a neat little tin that looks like an over-sized lip balm tub.  I apply the balm to my hands every night before I go to sleep, focusing on my cuticle and knuckle areas.  When I wake up in the morning, my hands are smooth and moisturized and don't feel rough to the touch at all.  I feel like the product really sinks into my hands while I am sleeping and creates a natural barrier that keeps water from drying out the under layers of my skin.



I'm going to start trying this on my feet too, just like I use it on my hands since summer is rough on the toes and heels!

Happy hand washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment