Friday, August 26, 2011

What's on your Nails!?

I've been so excited about my new gel nails, but I wanted to wait at least a week before I reviewed them so that I could give them a chance to chip if they were going to... Drum roll please.  I can officially say that my nails have not chipped yet and I am so excited!  Even with being in water all day and working with my hands, the gel has stayed put beautifully.  My nails still look shiny and the color is gorgeous seven days later.

The process for getting the gel polish was very quick and painless.  The salon I went to uses Gellish brand gel which has 72 colors to choose from.  I chose the color Sea foam Green which is very similar to the Essie polish Mint Candy Apple (which I have tried, but chips too quickly).

The only downfall was, in choosing a light color, I did not think about what would happen if color got on my nails at work.  They do stain if you have your hands in direct contact with hair color, so I do have a few nails that are a bit discolored, but that is my own fault for picking a light color and not being more careful when working with color in the salon.  I am confident that the gel polish would not discolor under normal circumstances. 

I will most definitely be getting my nails coated in some fresh Gellish (in a darker color next time) within the next few weeks.  I'm going to keep this color on until it chips, and I'll be sure to update when it does so that you will have the full review of how long lasting it is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment